Lead The Herd – Scholarship Program
Red Dirt Hat Company will select scholarship recipients based on scholastic achievement, extracurricular activities, leadership qualities and an essay.
Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the college, technical school or university upon proof of enrollment.
If the recipient is unable to attend college during the Fall 2022 or Spring 2023 term, the scholarship will not be paid.
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior
- Applicant must be an active member of 4H or FFA
- Applicant must reside and or attend high school in one of the following counties: Henderson, Smith, Gregg, Panola, Rusk, Cherokee, Anderson, Shelby, Angelina, Sabine, Upshur, Wood, Franklin, Morris, Nacogdoches or Harrison.
- FFA / 4H activities, work experience, leadership and service activities
- Academic record
- A completed 2022 “Lead the Herd” scholarship application
- An official high school transcript
- A 500 word essay on “How I Plan to Make a Difference”
- A photo of the applicant
(1) scholarship will be awarded for $1,000
(1) scholarship will be awarded for $750
(1) scholarship will be awarded for $500
All applications must be received no later than 05/15/2022
*Recipients will be announced and contacted by Sunday, May 22, 2022.